For a variation, you can make pancakes with this batter. Cook them on a non-stick fry pan but remember to take a little care as they can burn rather easily.
Try this when you can afford a little more time with the preparation, it will be well worth it.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 6 zucchini, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fetta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup green dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- sea salt and pepper
- little olive oil for brushing the baking dish
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Mix zucchini, eggs, fetta, flour, herbs, salt and pepper well until the ingredients form a thick batter.
- Transfer zucchini mixture into an oiled baking dish (size 28cm x 18cm approx.).
- Bake until the top of the zucchini mixture turns a golden brown colour, 40-45 minutes approx.
- Serve hot or cold. Delicious with a side salad.