Roast Fillet of Beef with Mustard, Chives and Garlic
Rare roast beef should not be kept in the fridge for any longer than a day. Well done beef can be kept up to 3 days.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1kg fillet of beef (in one piece)
- 175g jar wholegrain French mustard
- 1/2 cup chives, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Mix mustard, chives and garlic into a paste.
- Rub the fillet of beef with salt and pepper, then spread the mustard over it. Make sure all sides are covered with the mustard paste, including the ends.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes (15 minutes per 1/2kg) for medium-rare. If you like it well done cook longer, about another 15 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the oven, cover and keep warm for about 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with boiled baby potatoes and a green salad.