A light evening meal, also nice served cold for lunch. The ‘smoking’ adds to the drama and deliciousness of this meal… however, if you are in a hurry, skip the smoke and enjoy the baked fish as is.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 salmon or trout fillets
- 2 limes sliced
- Bunch sorrel
- 3 tablespoons jasmine tea
- Olive oil
- Sea salt/cracked pepper
- Place fish on a bed of sorrel and sliced lime in baking dish, sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated (180 C) oven for 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Remove from oven. Place tea in the bottom of a wok. Heat wok until tea starts to smoke. Place fish on a rack in the wok and cover with a lid. Put fan on! Allow fish to smoke for 10 minutes.
- Serve with salad greens and jasmine rice.