Julie Mainprize has created this simply divine recipe for Pear, Raspberry & Almond cake, with no sugar! Bake, eat and enjoy.
- 4 large ripe pears
- 4 eggs
- 200g almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 200g fresh or frozen raspberries
- Heat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a bar tin or 20cm round cake tin.
- Peel, core and roughly chop pears. Place in a saucepan with a tablespoon of water. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Cover, reduce the heat and cook
for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- In the bowl of a food processor add almonds and prpocess until coarsely ground. Add eggs and mix. Add vanilla and half the cooked pears. Whizz until
combined. Stir in the remaining pear piece and half the raspberries. Pour batter into the cake tin and sprinkle the top with remaining raspberries.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, checking after 35 and test doneness with a skewer. Cool, then serve in slices with a dollop of ricotta and extra raspberries