Mixed Berries in Blackcurrant Jelly
If you like a stronger blackcurrant flavour, use more fruit juice and less boiling water.
You need 1/4 cup of boiling water to dissolve the gelatine, the rest can be fruit juice.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 300g frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup blackcurrant juice
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 teaspoons gelatine
- 20 fresh mint leaves (the little leaves on top of the stalks)
- 4 tablespoons fresh cream
- Portion berries and mint leaves into 4 glass tumblers.
- Dissolve 3 teaspoons gelatine in 1 cup boiling water.
- Add 1 cup blackcurrant juice to the water and gelatine mixture, mix well.
- Pour the fruit juice mixture over the berries. Refrigerate until jelly sets.
- Serve berries in jelly with a tablespoon of fresh cream on top.