Immune Support Breakfast
This is a great breakfast recipe from Bastyr University in the States. The addition of spices to a bircher muesli-style mix turns this into a wonder breakfast.
- 4 cups rolled grains, for example 2 cups rolled oats and 2 cups other rolled grains, eg rye, barley, and/or rolled rice flakes.
- 2 cups oat bran
- 1 cup fresh or dried fruit and seeds, eg raisins, dates, blueberries
- 1 cup sunflower seeds and/or pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 cup nuts
- 1 cup lecithin granules
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup milk thistle (Silybum marianum) seeds
- Spices, eg coriander, fennel, and/or turmeric – 1 tsp. of each also experiment with ginger, cinnamon and other herbs/spices.
- Grind flax seeds and milk thistle seeds in a coffee grinder, blender, or meat grinder.
- Combine all ingredients and keep in the refrigerator.
- Soak for 30 minutes or longer before eating (ie overnight) – use water, nut milk, rice milk, apple juice, etc.