Tasty Dhal & Pumpkin Curry
Ingredients (Serves 4 – 6)
- Coconut Oil 1 TBS
- 1 large onion – chopped
- 3 cloves garlic – crushed
- Ginger 1 TBS freshly grated
- 2 sticks celery – chopped
- ½ cup red lentils
- ½ cup yellow split peas
- mustard seed 1 1/2 tspns
- 1 TBS ground cumin
- 2 tspns ground tumeric
- 3 tspns ground coriander
- ½ – 1 tspn chilli powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock (preferably homemade)
- Coconut milk ½ cup
- 350 g pumpkin (peeled and cut into 2cm cubes)
- fresh coriander or garlic chives to garnish
- Soak split peas and lentils in water for 1 hour. Rinse.
- Heat coconut oil in large-sized pan. Add garlic, onion, celery & ginger stirring as needed for 1 minute.
- Add spices, cook, stirring for another minute, then add chopped pumpkin pieces, stirring occasionally for a further 2 minutes
- Add rest of ingredients except coconut milk(split peas and lentils, can of tomatoes, vegetable stock. Bring this mixture to boil then let simmer for 45min – 1 hour
- Just before serving add coconut milk, then the fresh coriander/garlic chives, to garnish.