Pumpkin and Pepita Muffins
You can replace buckwheat flour with wholemeal flour and brown rice flour with white flour if you wish. Buckwheat and brown rice have no gluten. You can also replace honey with molasses if you prefer.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup cooked mashed pumpkin
- 1 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Grease a 6 x 3/4 cup capacity muffin tin.
- Mix buckwheat flour, brown rice flour, baking powder and pepitas in a mixing bowl.
- Mix pumpkin, honey, oil, milk and vanilla essence in a separate bowl.
- Pour the milk and pumpkin mixture into the flour mix. Fold quickly with a wooden spoon. Don’t over mix batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin. An ice cream scoop works best for this, giving an even distribution with the least amount of mess.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check by inserting a wooden skewer into the middle of a muffin. If they are still wet in the middle, bake them for a few minutes
- Turn out muffins on to a wire rack while hot. Leave to cool.