This is my mother’s recipe but she makes flat omelettes, I like to fold them over. It tastes good either way.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup fetta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup green dill, chopped
- sea salt and pepper
- Break eggs into a bowl, give them a quick whisk with an egg whisk or a fork.
- Add crumbled fetta, chopped dill and salt and pepper to the eggs. Whisk again.
- Spray a large non-stick frypan with a little canola or olive oil non-stick cooking spray, heat it on medium heat.
- Pour beaten egg mixture into hot pan, cook for a few minutes until the edges are cooked, underneath is a golden colour. At this stage the middle of the omelette will still be wet.
- Lift the omelette on one side with an egg slicer and fold it over to the other side so that it looks like a half-circle. Remove pan from heat, leave it aside for a few minutes. The middle part, which is inside the fold, will cook in its own heat.
- Cut omelette into quarters, place them on to 4 dinner plates. Serve with a side salad of mixed leaves and tomatoes.