Garlic in the yoghurt might sound a bit strange to you, but where I come from, we drizzle it over most vegetables.
Trust me it is very good, just try it.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 8 eggs at room temperature
- 6 cups water
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves, washed
- 8 thick slices wholemeal bread
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 small cloves garlic, crushed (optional)
- sea salt and pepper
- chilli powder
- Put yoghurt in a bowl, add garlic if you wish and whisk it a little so that the consistency thins somewhat. This is going to be spooned over the eggs like a sauce.
- Put 6 cups of water into a large, deep frypan with a lid.
- Bring water to boil then remove from heat. Break eggs quickly into water and cover tightly with lid, return to heat Simmer very gently for about 3 minutes, until the whites are cooked.
- Put spinach in a microwave proof dish, cover with plastic and cook on high for 2 minutes or until the leaves collapse.
- Cook toast at the same time you put the spinach on to wilt.
- Place 2 slices of toast on 4 dinner plates. Place wilted spinach on a clean tea towel, squeeze out excess water then spread it evenly on slices of toast.
- Remove eggs from pan with a slotted spoon and rest the spoon on kitchen paper for a few seconds so that the excess water can drain off the eggs. Place eggs on slices of toast spread with spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle a little yoghurt over the eggs and sprinkle a little chilli powder on top.