Penne with Tuna, Olives and Capers
Keep the left overs, they are excellent in lunch boxes. I don’t recommend cheese with this pasta.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 400g (or 4 cups) dry penne pasta
- 2x425g cans tuna, drained well
- 2x400g cans diced Italian tomatoes
- 2 cups Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 cup pimento stuffed green olives, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed (optional, but they go well)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- sea salt and pepper
- Cook pasta in rapidly boiling salted water.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a stir-fry pan. Add onions, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, olives and capers to onion, cook for about 2 minutes. Add tuna, Tabasco sauce and lemon juice to the pan.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to the tuna sauce cooking in the stir-fry pan. Stir in a gently folding motion, making sure that the sauce is mixed well through the pasta.
- Add parsley and season to taste.