Chocolate and Raspberry Muffins
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Grease a 6 x 3/4 cup capacity muffin tin.
- Mix buckwheat flour, brown rice flour, cocoa and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Mix raspberries, honey, olive oil, milk and vanilla essence in a separate bowl.
- Pour the milk and raspberry mixture into the flour mix. Fold quickly with a wooden spoon. Don’t over mix batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin using an ice cream scoop, if possible.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check by inserting a wooden skewer into the middle of a muffin. If it is still wet in the middle, bake for a few minutes longer.
- Turn out muffins on to a wire rack while hot. Leave to cool.