Cashew & Carrot (or Beetroot) Dip/Spread
So very yummy, so very easy, and don’t let on, but they’re all Vegan.
The beetroot dip makes even your wee go pink, especially if you eat as much of it as I do!
- 2-3 Cloves of garlic, chopped a bit
- 1 thick slice of red onion, chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of unsalted cashews
- A little sea salt
- ¼ cup good olive oil
- (optional- add a small piece of fresh ginger-very nice)
- In a food processor, using the “S” shaped blade, blend garlic, onion and carrots to a fine consistency.
- Add cashews, oil and salt and continue to blend for several minutes until creamy. Scrape down the sides now and then with rubber spatula. (I added
a dash of water to cream it up a bit more).
Eat as a spread on wraps, dip for crackers, on toast, in a lettuce leaf…I’m sure the options are endlessly yummy.
or…Fresh Beetroot Dip
- Prepare as above replacing carrot with 3 small fresh beetroot bulbs.
- Omit ginger. Spectacular!!
A recipe by Jennifer Price