Banana and Flaxseed Pancake
High protein, gluten-free, high-fibre breakfast or snack with extra lignins*.
- 1 very ripe banana
- 2 – 3 organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground organic flaxseeds (optional)
- Butter or coconut oil
- (optional) sprinkling ground cinnamon, desiccated or shaved coconut, hemp seeds, berries, yoghurt (cow, sheep, coconut), ricotta, quark.
- In a bowl mix the banana, eggs and ground flaxseed
- Heat a small frypan, when hot add a teaspoon of butter or oil.
- Pour batter. Wait (patiently) until edges turn brown, and centre is cooked
- Turn and slide from pan to plate.
- Add your choice of topping: yoghurt, ricotta, quark, berries, stewed fruit, ground cinnamon
- Virtuously enjoy
*Lignans are natural compounds found in plants. Also known as phyto-oestrogens, lignans can help reduce the hot flushes of menopause, reduce insulin sensitivity (and help lose unwanted kilos). Learn more about lignans here.