Apple and Blueberry Muffins
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 2 ½ cups wholemeal flour
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 cup pie apples, diced
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Grease a 6 x ¾ cup capacity muffin tin.
- Mix flour, baking powder and ground cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Mix apples, blueberries, honey, oil, vanilla essence and milk in another mixing bowl.
- Pour the milk and fruit mixture into the flour mix. Fold quickly with a wooden spoon. Don’t over mix batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin using an ice cream scoop, if possible.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check by inserting a wooden skewer into the middle of a muffin. If it is still wet in the middle, bake for a few minutes
- Turn out muffins on to a wire rack while hot. Leave to cool.