Seared Barramundi – Absolutely Natural
You simply can’t beat the flavour and texture of barramundi — but be careful not to overcook it.
- 200g pp of fresh barramundi
- sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- new or chat poatatoes — allow 2 pp.
- fresh asparagus — 3 spears pp.
- Set oven to 180 degrees
- Pat sea salt onto the skin side of the barramundi
- Heat heavy based pan and, when warm, add a good splash of extra virgin olive oil. Heat.
- Place the fish carefully into the pan, skin side down, and sear for a few minutes.Turn carefully, and reduce heat.
- Allow the flesh side to cook for a couple of minutes, then remove from pan and place in a baking dish.
- Add a grind of black pepper, and a squeeze of lemon, and bake until cooked — but still soft. (Timing depends on the thickness of the fish.)
- Whilst fish is cooking, lightly steam the asparagus, being careful to keep this beautiful vegetable crisp.
- Remove fish from oven.
Serve with asparagus, new potatoes, and a rocquet salad. Simple , healthy and delicious.