Stewed Apricots with Honey Yoghurt and Almonds
These apricots are delicious on cereals or on their own as a snack.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 250g dried apricots
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- flaked almonds, roasted
- Put apricots, water and vanilla into a saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer until apricots plump up and become soft. This will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from the heat. Leave apricots in the saucepan to cool.
- Transfer apricots and juices into deep bowl, cover and refrigerate. They will keep in the fridge for 5 days.
- Mix yoghurt with honey.
- Serve apricots into 4 bowls, top with a tablespoon of honey yoghurt and sprinkle with roasted almonds.