Ricotta Cheese Cake
This is as guilt free as it gets, but it is best to make it when you are entertaining so that you don’t get tempted to pick on the leftovers.
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 1 cup Corn Flakes crumbs
- 1/4 cup ground LSA meal
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1kg fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 cup honey
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons gelatine dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- Line the base of 23cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Mix corn flake crumbs and ground LSA meal with melted butter and press firmly into the base of the cake tin.
- Beat the ricotta cheese and honey with an electric beater until smooth.
- Mix in gelatine mixture, lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Pour mixture onto the crumb base and chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Transfer cake onto a serving platter and serve with fresh berries.