You can make this omelette with just about any left overs you find in the fridge.
You don’t have to stick to the ingredients I have listed below, but obviously more variety you have the nicer the omelette will taste.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 small cooked potatoes (cook in microwave for a few minutes if time is an issue)
- 4 egg tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 3 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 baby eggplant, diced
- 100g green beans, cut into quarters
- 1/2 Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 cup pitted olives, cut into halves
- 1/2 cup fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli paste or fresh chilli
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- some Italian parmesan cheese (optional)
- sea salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frypan. Add vegetables, crushed garlic and chilli. Stir- fry for about 10 minutes.
- When vegetables are cooked, add the fresh herbs and olives, stir through, season to taste.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the vegetables, shake the pan a little so that the beaten eggs are spread evenly over and through the vegetables.
- When the bottom of the omelette is cooked remove the pan from heat. Sprinkle top with a little grated Parmesan if you like and put the pan under a hot grill to finish off the cooking. Cook until the top is a golden colour.
- Turn omelette out on to a plate. It is delicious hot or cold and particularly good with some crusty bread.