Ricotta & Herb Frittata
Making a frittata may sound fancy, but trust me, it’s easy-peasy.
- 2 red capsicum
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 leeks sliced and washed
- 10 organic eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh herbs (one or more): Continental Parsley, Basil, Rocket, Chervil
- 250g fresh Ricotta, crumbled
- 40g (1/2 cup) grated Parmesan
- Cook capsicum under a preheated high grill until charred and blistered, or roast whole until blistering.
- Place in a sealed plastic bag for 10 minutes. Peel and cut into strips.
- Heat oil in a heavy fry pan and cook leek over medium heat for 15 minutes or until tender but not coloured.
- Whisk eggs until well combined.
- Add capsicum, leeks, herbs, Ricotta, and Parmesan. Season generously with cracked pepper and mix well.
- Pour into a well-oiled baking dish and bake at 160 degrees C for 30-40 minutes or until set.
- Stand in the dish for 30 minutes to cool slightly.
Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into slices. Serve with garden salad or alone. Can be frozen.