Grilled Lamb Cutlets with Mashed Potato, Garlic Green Beans and Roast Tomatoes
I guess this is really ‘meat and three veg’ but it tastes and looks a lot better than that.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 12 lamb cutlets, all visible fat trimmed off
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 cup milk, to mash the potatoes with
- 500g green beans, topped and tailed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- sea salt and pepper
- 8 roast tomato halves (see recipe on this website)
- Cook potatoes, mash with 1/2 cup of milk. Season to taste.
- Rub lamb cutlets with a little salt and pepper and sprinkle with some mixed herbs on both sides. Cook under hot grill, turning once.
- Put beans in a microwave-proof dish, sprinkle with olive oil and crushed garlic. Cover with plastic, cook in microwave. If you prefer you can steam the beans and toss them with oil and garlic after they are cooked.
- Serve cutlets with mashed potato, garlic beans and roast tomatoes.