Dog Biscuit Recipe
We all love a treat. Especially Felix. Make these delicious pumpkin doggy biscuits to treat your best pal.
Makes approx 100 2cm biscuits.
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup cooked steamed pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (smooth)
- 1/4 cup water
- *Additional Flour for Rolling
- Preheat oven to 180°C (325° F)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice.
- In a medium bowl, stir the olive oil, pumpkin, and peanut butter.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in the pumpkin mixture.
- Using a stand mixer, begin to combine the wet and dry ingredients on low.
- Pour in the water and mix on low until thoroughly combined.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface, and hand knead the dough until no longer sticky.
- Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into shapes with your favourite shaped cookie cutters. Felix prefer his cat shaped….looking like his arch enemy Oscar Della Bosca, the ginger Tom cat.
- Spray a baking sheet with baking spray.
- Place the biscuits on the baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and leave them in for another 30 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.