Asparagus, Beetroot and Fetta Salad
A lovely summer entree, or salad, perfect for the warmer weather… really tasty, healthy and easy.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 2 bunches asparagus, washed and trimmed.
- 1 bunch beetroot, roasted (See below. Prepare beforehand. Will keep well in refrigerator for 5 days.)
- 1 avocado, peeled, sliced and cut into medium pieces.
- 250g Greek fetta.
- 125g Tasmanian walnuts
- 200g or more, to preference, of mixed leaf salad..
- vinaigrette (See below.)
- Remove ends from beetroot. Wash whole beets thoroughly and cut into half, lengthwise. Place cut side down.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and glaze with extra virgin olive oil.
- Cover lightly with foil and bake at 200 deg for approx 1 and a half hours, basting often. (You may need to add a little water, as the juices evaporate.)
- When cooked allow to cool, then slice into quarters.
- Steam asparagus lightly so it still retains crispness.
- Refresh in cold water and drain. Slice into thirds, on an angle.
- Make vinaigrette, by order of two thirds olive oil, to one third vinegar. (I like wine or champagne vinegar. I also add the juice of half a lemon.)
- Arrange asparagus on individual plates and add sliced beetroot attractively.
- Place avocado around, then mixed leaf salad. Add more asparagus and beetroot.
- Crumble with fetta and add walnuts.
- Drizzle all with dressing, a grind of pepper and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Serve immedietly.