If by chance you have some left over (never happens in our house), you can keep it covered, in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 400g can pie apples, no sugar added
- 1/2 pkt frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Mix apple and berries in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix all other ingredients in a bowl. Spoon the mixture over the fruit. Press is down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Place the ovenproof dish on a baking tray, as the juices from the fruit might bubble over.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the oats turn a rich golden, almost brown, colour.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with some yoghurt or ice cream.