Scrambled Eggs With Basil
Eggs are a weekend affair in our house, but these scrambled eggs are quick enough to make during the week.
If you are wondering about the cream, you can use milk instead, but a word of warning… your eggs won’t be as creamy and fluffy. However, because the eggs taste so wonderful, you won’t need any butter on your toast.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup fresh cream
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan (Italian if possible)
- sea salt and pepper
- slice toast (my preference is sourdough)
- Beat all ingredients with an egg whisk.
- Heat a large non-stick frypan.
- Pour egg mixture into the frypan. When mixture starts setting around the edges, give it a gentle stir in a ‘folding’ motion. Let it cook for another minute then stir in a ‘folding’ motion again.
- Serve on hot toast.