I guess this is a cross between a Greek salad and a Nicoise.
You can play around with it as you like. For example, you can replace chick peas with Borlotti beans or perhaps leave out the parsley and use snow pea sprouts instead.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 2 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 Spanish onion, finely sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 400g can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups Italian parsley, leaves only
- 8 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- 8 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 16 Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Mix salad dressing in a cup, leave it aside
- Place all salad ingredients, except the eggs, in a mixing bowl and toss with prepared dressing.
- Divide salad into 4 pasta bowls.
- Arrange 8 egg quarters on top of each salad.