Flathead Fillets with Potato and Fresh Herb Salad
I used to make this potato salad for kids in child care centres I catered for and it was always a big hit.
Yes they did eat the herbs and came back for more!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 600g flathead fillets (boned and skinned if possible)
- 10 potatoes, cut into cubes and ‘just cooked’ so that they don’t fall apart
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup shallots, sliced
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (white wine vinegar if possible)
- sea salt and pepper
- sprinkle of lemon juice
- extra olive oil to brush the fish fillets with
- Toss the cooked potatoes with herbs, olives, oil and vinegar, season to taste.
- Arrange potato salad on 4 dinner plates, leave aside.
- Brush fish fillets lightly with olive oil on both sides.
- Cook the fish fillets under a hot grill, turning once. Sprinkle them with lemon juice before removing from the grill tray.
- Arrange fish fillets over the potato salad, check for seasoning.