The trick with this tasty and delicious dinner, is to pre roast the tomatoes, and flash in the oven ten minutes before serving!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 X 200g portions Barramundi fillet
- 2 punnets of cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt, cracked pepper to taste
- One handful of fresh thyme (including stalks)
- 8 chat potatoes
- Handful green salad leaves
- Handful rocket leaves
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 tablespoon champagne or wine vinegar
- 1 lemon
Method - Roast Tomatoes and New Potatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C
- Place tomatoes in ovenproof dish.
- Splash with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and thyme.
- Place in hot oven and cook until soft and slightly charred. (This will impart the most wonderful flavour. Should take about 40 minutes.)
- Baste occasionally as the tomatoes will exude quite a lot of juice.
- Take the tomatoes out of the oven and re-heat later with fish.
- Whilst cooking the tomatoes place the chat potatoes on to cook (steamed or boiled until tender).
Method - Seared Barramundi
- Place a heavy based pan onto a high heat and when warm to hot add a good splash of olive oil. Move the oil around the pan by tilting.
- Place the fish in the pan skin side down and sear for approximately 3 minutes.
- Turn fish over to the flesh side and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place in a stainless steel baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and a grind of pepper.
- Place in oven at about 180 degrees C to further cook for approx 5 minutes, or until tender. Do not overcook.
- Remember to place the tomatoes in the oven with the fish, to re-heat.
- Whilst cooking the fish, toss green salad leaves, rocket, and pieces of avocado with a lovely vinaigrette of olive oil, champagne or wine vinegar and a dash of lemon juice. Place this on the table.
- Place the fish on individual plates.
- Top with a good serve of tomatoes, including the juice.
- Serve with the new potatoes and a wedge of lemon.