skip to Main Content
Back To Top
You can replace rump steak with left over cold roast beef for this salad.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 500g rump steak, all fat trimmed off
- 1 baby Cos lettuce, washed
- 1 bunch baby rocket, washed
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 Lebanese cucumber sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1/2 Spanish onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- sprinkle of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper
- Heat a non-stick frypan or a skillet (my preference) on medium heat. Cook steak, turning it over once.
- Remove steak from pan, leave aside to cool.
- Mix all ingredients for dressing in a cup.
- Place all salad vegetables into a large bowl. Toss with dressing. Portion salad onto 4 dinner plates.
- Slice the steak thinly across the grain and arrange it over the salads. Sprinkle the chopped coriander and soy sauce over each salad.