These delicious tomatoes will keep in the fridge, covered, for up to 5 days.
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 8 firm ripe Roma (egg) tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme or oregano, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthways. Place them on a baking tray cut side up, sprinkle with oil, salt pepper and herbs.
- Roast for about 35-45 minutes, until tomatoes are quite soft but not falling apart.
- Cooled tomatoes will keep in the fridge, covered, for up to 5 days.