Quinoa, a superfood, high in iron and protein, is the main ingredient in Ros Royal’s Super Salad. Delicious and healthy… and gluten free!
- 1 cup red Quinoa
- 60g Ricotta cheese
- 1 avocado, chopped into small pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 100g snow peas, lightly cooked to retain crispness
- 2 tblsp chopped parsley
- 2 tblsp chopped coriander
- sea salt, ground pepper
- 180ml extra virgin olive oil
- 60ml balsamic vinegar.
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard.
- Mix all Ingredients in a jar and shake well – EASY!!!!
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water and drain.
- Add to a saucepan with twice the amount of water (2 cups).
- Add sea salt and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and simmer until all water is absorbed (about 18- 20 mins). Whilst cooking fluff occasionally with a fork.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add tomatoes, snow peas, avocado, and herbs.
- Lightly crumble through the ricotta and add the shaken vinaigrette.,
Serve with fish or chicken, or simply with a green salad as a vegetarian alternative.