Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 pears, peeled and stems left on
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cloves
- 4 slices lemon
- 100g dark cooking chocolate
- 100ml fresh cream
- Place water and honey in a large saucepan. Stir the mixture over medium heat until honey dissolves.
- Add pears, cinnamon sticks, cloves and lemon slices. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until pears are cooked. This will take about
20 minutes. Check by inserting a fork into the pears.
- Transfer pears into a deep bowl. Use a slotted spoon for this, strain the cooking juices over the pears. Cool at room temperature,
- Break chocolate into small pieces and place it into a bowl. Add cream to the chocolate.
- Set the bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
- Heat the chocolate and cream until chocolate melts, stirring frequently. Stir until chocolate mixture looks shiny and creamy.
- Remove bowl from the pan and leave to cool.
Place a pear upright in a bowl with a spoonful of chocolate sauce on the side.