These prawns could be Mediterranean or Asian by changing the greens you serve with them.
Below is the Mediterranean version. For the Asian version add some Asian greens to the stir fry pan and a little splash of sesame oil and some cashews or peanuts if you like.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 32 medium green prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli paste
- Mix prawns with oil, crushed garlic, chilli paste and salt.
- Heat a large stir-fry pan, cook prawns quickly until they turn red. This will only take about 2 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice with a lemon wedge on the side.
- A side salad of cos lettuce, fennel, onion, tomato and olives is delicious with this dish.