Ricotta Frittata with Leek, Fresh Garden Herbs and Roast Red Capsicum
An easy and very tasty recipe containing that all important protein, for a stay-at-home cafe style breakfast or lunch, from Caterina of Kangaroo Valley.
Ingredients (Serves 8-10)
- 2 red capsicum
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 leeks sliced and washed
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh garden herbs: Continental Parsley, Basil, Rocket,
- 250g fresh Ricotta, crumbled
- 40g (1/2 cup) grated Parmesan
- Cook capsicum under a preheated high grill until charred and blistered or roast whole until blistering.
- Place in a sealed plastic bag for 10 minutes. Peel and cut into strips.
- Heat oil in a heavy fry pan and cook leek over medium heat for 15 minutes or until tender but not coloured.
- Whisk eggs until well combined.
- Add capsicum, leeks, herbs, Ricotta and Parmesan. Season generously with cracked pepper and mix well.
- Pour into a well oiled baking dish and bake at 160 degrees C for 30-40 minutes or until just set.
- Stand in the dish for 30 minutes to cool slightly.
- Cool to room temperature and chill until required.
Serve at room temperature cut into wedges.