Brown Rice and Tuna Salad
For a variation, you can replace tuna with chopped hard-boiled eggs. Also, if anyone in the family has a peanut sensitivity, try cashews or some other nut.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 x 185g can tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint and coriander, mixed and chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1/2 Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup unsalted, roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (lemon if you don’t have lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli paste
- sea salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a cup and leave aside.
- Place rice, tuna, tomatoes, snow peas, herbs, cucumber, onion and peanuts in a large bowl and mix.
- Toss dressing through the salad.
- Serve into 4 pasta bowls.