As the weather cools why not whip up a nourishing soup to warm the body.
- 500g Kumera (sweet potato), chopped
- 500g carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 good sized piece root ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped (roots and all). Save some leaves for garnish.
- 500ml coconut milk
- 500ml fresh vegetable or chicken stock
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1tblsp olive oil
- Gently fry the onion, coriander and ginger in olive oil until soft.
- Place Kumera, carrots and cooked onion etc in saucepan. Add stock.
- Bring to boil. Simmer uncovered until vegetables are tender (about 20 mins).
- Allow to cool slightly
- Place cooked vegetables and stock in blender in batches, being careful not to overfill.
- Return to clean saucepan and stir in coconut milk.
- Season to taste.
- Heat until piping hot. Do not boil.
- Serve with coriander leaves and sour dough bread
Perfect for a cold night.