Although the ingredients are fairly harmless, this pudding is quite filling. So, I suggest you serve it after a light meal. You can store left overs covered, in the fridge for 2 days.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 loaf good quality fruit bread
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Slice the read and cut the crusts off.
- Place slices of bread, overlapping, in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix eggs, milk, honey and vanilla extract (use an electric hand mixer if possible). Pour the mixture over the bread and let it stand for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Bake until bread puff, turns a golden brown and the milky mixture sets. About 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled with fresh berries.